1. What is a Mariners Recreation Gym Membership and what can I access with it?
Mariners Recreation Gym Memberships allow access to the Nanaimo Campus recreation facility (use of gym floor, weight room, room 115 – multipurpose room and squash court?
2. Who is eligible for Mariners Recreation Gym Membership?
Full Time and Part-Time Students, Staff, and Faculty, Community & Alumni
Go to Mariners Services for more information.
3. How can I register for Mariners Recreation activities?
Online Registration or In Person at the VIU Gymnasium
4. What are my payment options?
Cash, debit card or credit card *.
* Credit cards only online
** For all online credit card purchases, the following processing fees will be applied by Active Network, our third party provider:
Transactions $0 - $150 - 6.5% + $0.50
Transactions $150 - $500 - 3.5% + $5.00
Transactions over $500 - 2.5% + $10.00
5. What is the refund policy?
For refund information, please view our refund policy.
6. What do I need to bring in order to access the Mariners Recreation facility and services?
Current students and staff - use your VIU ID card and swipe the scanner on the Mariners Recreation office counter.
Community and VIU Alumni - must first purchase a membership and check-in procedures will be discussed at that point. Alumni need to present an alumni card. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Public day users - please check-in at the Mariners Recreation office and pay the drop-in fee.
7. What if I have lost my VIU ID card?
Should you have additional feedback or questions about our processes or Mariners Recreation activities, please email email@example.com or call our front desk at (250) 740-6418